NEW NEW NEW - We are happy to announce that we have added a 10U division for the Queen City Showdown. It will be a 2 day tournament, Saturday and Sunday, June 17 and 18th. It will be a four-game guarantee for $395, and all games will be held at Mid America Ballyard. So please come join the fun at one of the prettiest ballparks in the state of Ohio.
Welcome to the Queen City 5 Game Guarantee Showdown!
June 16, 17 and 18, 2017
We once again are happy to host the Queen City Showdown at River City West (formerly Rumpke Park) and Mid-America Ballyard. Dave, Michelle and Tom and all the other people at both parks are very knowledgeable and fun to work with. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO USE THE FIELDS, WE HAVE TO WORK WITH THEIR ESTABLISHED ADULT LEAGUE SCHEDULE. However, we will maximize all of the time available for the most games for each team. Whatever the weather might be, you can plan on these guys being ready. We are looking forward to working with them again.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
This year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA ! We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools", etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to do so.Your membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be good for 1 year. We think that you will find the membership so beneficial that you will renew your membership on your own the following year.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser.2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
3) Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.
2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.
3. Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to choose. They will also list the distance from Mid America Ballyard for each hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel - still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Cincinnati, so that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations.
4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.
6. Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the guaranteed lowest price.