- Computer Science PhD at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Electrical Engineering PhD at School of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology.
- Email: farshid83 AT gmail DOT com
- Web: Farshid Farhat 's Site@PSU
My research interests lie in the area of computer vision and big visual data computing. More specifically, I am interested in image aesthetics using deep learning, pattern recognition and multimedia processing, and information retrieval. Also I am working in the field of big data computing specially on resource allocation in distributed systems and parallel computing.
- Smart cropping with JNI implementation in Android
- Aesthetic scoring using smartphone GPU
- Portrait Composition Assistance (Dissertation-related)
- Human body pose classification and recognition (Dissertation-related)
- Emotion-aware Local Guide with iOS implementation
- Severe weather forecasting using shape matching
- Graduates: Mohammad-Mehdi Kamani, Yu Luo, Diman Zad Tootaghaj.
- Undergrads: Sahil Mishra, Shengguang Bai, Jeremy Ong, Yizhi Huang, Jeffery Cao, Luke Porupski.
- Discovering Triangles in Portraits for Supporting Photographic Creation, S He, Z Zhou, F Farhat, JZ Wang, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Aug 2017.
- Intelligent Portrait Composition Assistance — Integrating Deep-learned Models and Photography Idea Retrieval, F Farhat, MM Kamani, S Mishra, JZ Wang, July 2017.
- Skeleton Matching with Applications in Severe Weather Detection, MM Kamani, F Farhat, S Wistar, JZ Wang, Applied Soft Computing, May 2017.
- Detecting Dominant Vanishing Points in Natural Scenes with Application to Composition-Sensitive Image Retrieval, Z Zhou, F Farhat, JZ Wang, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, May 2017.
- Shape matching using skeleton context for automated bow echo detection, MM Kamani, F Farhat, S Wistar, JZ Wang, Big Data (Big Data), 2016 IEEE International Conference on, 901-908, Dec 2016.
- Detecting Vanishing Points in Natural Scenes with Application in Photo Composition Analysis, Z Zhou, F Farhat, JZ Wang, arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.04267, 2016.
- Optimal Placement of Cores, Caches and Memory Controllers in Network On-Chip, DZ Tootaghaj, F Farhat, arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.04298, 2016.
- Towards Stochastically Optimizing Data Computing Flows, F Farhat, DZ Tootaghaj, M Arjomand, arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.04334, 2016.
- Stochastic Modeling and Optimization of Stragglers, F Farhat, D Zad Tootaghaj, Y He, et al. IEEE Transaction on Cloud Computing, 2016.
- Fork-Join Queue Modeling and Optimal Scheduling in Parallel Programming Frameworks, F Farhat, EECS Thesis, The Pennsylvania State University, 2015.
- Evaluating the Combined Impact of Node Architecture and Cloud Workload Characteristics on Network Traffic and Performance/Cost, DZ Tootaghaj, F Farhat, M Arjomand, P Faraboschi et al. Workload characterization (IISWC), 2015 IEEE international symposium on, 203-212, 2015.
- Towards blind detection of low-rate spatial embedding in image steganalysis, F Farhat, S Ghaemmaghami, IET Image Processing 9 (1), 31-42, 2015.
- Modeling and optimization of straggling mappers, F Farhat, DZ Tootaghaj, A Sivasubramaniam, MT Kandemir, CR Das, Technical report, Technical Report CSE-14-006, Pennsylvania State University, 2014.
- Security Weaknesses in PGP Protocol, F Farhat, M Heydari, MR Aref, 2013.
- Eigenvalues-based LSB steganalysis, F Farhat, A Diyanat, S Ghaemmaghami, MR Aref, The ISC International Journal of Information Security 4 (2), 97-106, 2012.
- Image steganalysis based on SVD and noise estimation: Improve sensitivity to spatial LSB embedding families, A Diyanat, F Farhat, S Ghaemmaghami, TENCON 2011-2011 IEEE Region 10 Conference, 1266-1270, 2011.
- Multi-dimensional correlation steganalysis, F Farhat, A Diyanat, S Ghaemmaghami, MR Aref, Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), 2011 IEEE 13th International Workshop, 2011.
- Game-theoretic approach to mitigate packet dropping in wireless Ad-hoc networks, DZ Tootaghaj, F Farhat, MR Pakravan, MR Aref, Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2011 IEEE, 163-165, 2011.
- Risk of attack coefficient effect on availability of Ad-hoc networks, DZ Tootaghaj, F Farhat, MR Pakravan, MR Aref, Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2011 IEEE, 166-168, 2011.
- Private Identification, Authentication and Key Agreement Protocol with Security Mode Setup, F Farhat, S Salimi, A Salahi, IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2011.
- Locally Multipath Adaptive Routing Protocol Resilient to Selfishness and Wormholes, F Farhat, MR Pakravan, M Salmasizadeh, MR Aref, International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience, 2010.
- An Extended Authentication and Key Agreement Protocol of UMTS, F Farhat, S Salimi, A Salahi, International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience, 2009.