What you need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (I like the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 3/4 cup (4 oz.) fresh blueberries
- 2 cups (12 oz.) fresh raspberries
- 1 qt. (18 oz.) fresh strawberries, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip, divided
Recipe Source: Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease 8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake batter according to pkgs.
- Divide yellow cake between three
pans. Then take strawberry cake and divide it between three pans. Take a
knife and swirl the cake mix. To swirl, DO NOT MIX! Act like you are
cutting the cake :)
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire racks.
- Place berries in a large bowl and set aside.
- Microwave 1/4 cup preserves in small bowl on HIGH until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over berries and stir carefully to glaze them.
- Place 1 layer of cake on a platter and spread whipped cream over it.
- Spoon 1/3 cup berries and then top with 2nd layer.
- Repeat whipped cream and berries, then top with 3rd layer.
- Cover sides and top with the remaining whipped cream.
- Place remaining berries in center of the top layer of cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt remaining preserves and spoon over top of cake after slightly cooling, let drip down sides.
- Refrigerate 1 hour more. Serve.