What you need:
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. minced onions (I did more - love me some onions!)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder (original recipe person recommends Spanish)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce, mild (I used Tostino's medium chunky salsa)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I used 2 cups Mexican cheese)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (omitted)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (omitted)
- Cook the ground beef over medium high heat until brown, then drain.
- Add salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water. Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat refried beans.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30 to 45 seconds per side. Be sure to pop any bubbles that form.
- Drain on paper towels. Preheat oven to 400.
- To build: On a cookie sheet, lay a tortilla down. Add 1/3 cup beans and spread. Then add meat. Add another tortilla. Then layer picante sauce, tomato, cheese onion and olives in that order.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Source: Food.com