What you need:
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes (I use 1 can diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Crumble bacon over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with ketchup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
**I also like green bell peppers and onions in my meatloaf - it's really up to you. :)
Recipe Source: Unknown