What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Beat butter for 30 seconds in mixer.
- Add 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375* and combine 2 tbsp. sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-inch balls and roll through cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.