What you need:
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 lb. penne, cooked al dente, reserve 1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 whole lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 20 Basil leaves, chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, heavy cream, and half-and-half. Whisk until hot and bubbly.
- Add cheese and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add to cooked pasta and toss to coat. Add reserved pasta water, little by little, if needed to loosen up. Add half the basil.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken and more basil.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman