What you need:
- 1 lb. pork tenderloins
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, separate juice & pineapple chunks (you will use both parts)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
Recipe Source: Food.com
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Trim fat off of pork tenderloin and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place pork and garlic in a large skillet that has been sprayed with Pam
over medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until pork is cooked all the
- Add pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes
- I cut my veggies while the pork and juice was simmering.
- Add pineapple, onion, pepper and carrots. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir sauce that has been sitting in the small bowl and then add sauce to
pork mixture. Cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly, stirring
constantly. For me, that was around 10 minutes.
- Serve hot over brown rice.