What you need:
- 1 chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Combine coffee and beef broth; set aside.
- Combine flour and Cajun seasoning in a large baggie. Place roast in baggie, seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add coated roast and brown on each side.
- Place onion, garlic, and bay leaf in slow cooker.
- Add roast on top of onion, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Deglaze your skillet with the broth mixture and pour over top of roast.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Recipe from Louanne's Kitchen