What you need:
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced (plus some for topping)
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Toppings: mustard, mayo, relish, onions, cheese, etc.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with diced onion. Cook until translucent, trying not to brown the onions.
- Add your spices to the onions; mix well.
- Add ground beef and water, working to crumble it up as finely as possible.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook your hot dogs when chili is almost done - boil, nuke, fry, grill - choose your method!
- Serve chili over hot dogs and top with your favorite toppings!
Recipe from Mommy Hates Cooking