What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 3 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, cut into half-rings
- 1 garlic clove or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously salt and pepper your chicken and place in a dish.
- Cut/slice all veggies and heat oil in a pan. Saute until they are soft.
- Top chicken with veggies and bake for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic or garlic powder.
- Add flour and mustard powder, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk while stirring. Then season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne if your jalapenos are more mild.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Take chicken out and adjust oven temperature to 475.
- Pour cheese sauce over chicken and veggies, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or rice, if desired.
Recipe from Kayotic Kitchen