What you need:
- 3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 oz.) cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked (or however many you may need)
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
**I used Barilla lasagna and it was the type you don't precook.
So I combined the recipe on the Barilla box with this one and modified
it to meet my needs. Make sure you check your lasagna noodles and modify
- Heat oven to 375. Brown meat with garlic and oregano in a large saucepan.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- Mix egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish (I did 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce before I added it to the meat).
- Top with 3 noodles (or 1/3 of the amount you have). Then half the cottage cheese mixture on top of noodles. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Then top with 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers (noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella and meat sauce). Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through (my noodles said 50 to 60 minutes). Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes or until melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve!