Here is what you need: Makes about 6-8 servings.
- 12-14 tortillas (I used small corn tortillas)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning
- 28oz can of tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can of black beans
- 15.5 oz can corn (or frozen)
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of shredded chicken (or veggie chicken)
- 1 small onion, chopped
1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Lay down layer of tortillas. Each crockpot will vary in size. Mine took 4 small tortillas to cover the bottom.
Next, spread a layer of tomatoes.
2. Sprinkle some chopped onions on top of the tomatoes.
3. Next spread a layer of black beans.
4. Cover beans with a layer of salsa.
5. Apply a generous amount of fajita seasoning.
6. Next layer on your chicken.
7. Cover chicken with a layer of corn.
8. Top corn with a layer of shredded cheese.
9. Like I said, all crockpots are different shapes and sizes. So keep layering until you are a couple inches from the top. I was able to repeat the layers 3 times. When you do reach the top, for the final layer, do a later of tortillas, topped with the rest of your tomatoes and cheese.
10. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Top with sour cream of avocado :)