Family Beach House is on the best corner of the island
What you can do on Coochiemudlo Island
- Sea kayakers often enjoy a paddle around Coochiemudlo Island
- The island has a great 9 hole golf course.
- June to November is Whale Watching Season in Moreton Bay. The most common sightings being of Humpback Whales.
- Throughout the year dolphins, turtles and dugong can be seen in Moreton Bay.
- Birdwatching on Moreton Bay islands is popular, both on the beaches, in the bush and on the water.
- Migratory species gather each year. Curlews visit Family Beach Holiday House.
- Play croquet, bowling or tennis in the reserve. The best tennis courts in Australia! You will be very surprised.
- Use one of our bikes and hit the BMX track or cycle around the island on the bike track.
- Pick some fruit or avocados growing right in the Family Beach House tropical garden.
Ride the bike track around the island. All sizes bikes available. Nominal $10 each for the duration of your stay. Bring your helmet
The kitchen is well equipped everything you will need.
Go for a bike ride with one of our mountain bikes, all sizes.
Pick out a good book or choose a fun board game for some family time.
Sleep in with a sea breeze and view to nature in our comfy, fresh beds. All beds have clean mattress protectors.
Watch Foxtel on the big LCD TV with surround sound stereo. Or just play some good music
- Australia Day Market (26 January
- April - Market Day
- 22 July (the biggest day of the year - Flinders Day celebrations and re-enactment of Matthew Flinders Landing on Coochie
- September Market
- 27 November - Christmas Market
Mad Mango Restaurant has a bar and restaurant with live music on weekends, Pool is free if you dine at the restaurant.
Hire a kayak or boat from Coochie Boat Hire
Use the cappuccino machine to make your morning Jo.
The Kiosk on Main Beach has pizza and takeaway with picnic tables and convenience store.