- Mouthguards, must be worn at all times.
- Players may only compete for one team during the event.
- All penalties are 1 minute, as games are in “running-time”. Officials can extend penalties beyond 1 minute if warranted.
- Penalties begin on the referee’s re-start.
- Any fighting or flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No exceptions, no refunds.
- Teams must be available for all games. Please remember that many teams travel great distances for this event expecting to play a minimum of 4 games, and we rely on your professionalism to hold that commitment.
- Referees are in charge of each individual field during gameplay, and may use their discretion to override a tournament rule if he feels necessary to do so. They have final say.
- Games consist of two 19-minute halves, and a 2 minute halftime, unless noted otherwise.
- There are no time outs.
- Game times are kept at tournament HQ using an airhorn system.
- One long airhorn blasts is used to start and stop each half.
- Two short airhorn blasts signals 2-minutes remaining (used in 2nd half only).
- Tie games will be settled with a “braveheart” competition, unless it is a playoff game.
- Braveheart: Each team fields 2 players and 1 goalie, starting with a faceoff.
- Only 2 players per team are allowed on the offensive side of the midfield line.
- Goalies can cross if a middie stays back. No substitutions.
- Penalties: Time serving penalties consistent with regular 10v10 rules.
- SEMI-FINAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES: Settled 10v10, first goal wins. Not Braveheart.
YOUTH SPECIFIC RULES:
- Modified US Lacrosse rules. No clearing counts, no over-and-back.
- No one-handed checks. No body checking.
- A mercy rule is in effect if one team has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
- Rules of play default to US Lacrosse in the case of any question not specified here
- 4th Grade: One-Pass Rule not in effect. No Raking Rule Not in Effect. Long Sticks Allowed.
HIGH SCHOOL SPECIFIC RULES:
- NFHS clearing rules are in effect. Winning team keep it in the box last 2 minutes
- A mercy rule is in effect if one tea has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
INCLEMENT WEATHER RULES
- There are no rain dates for this event. Assume that games will be played on their scheduled dates. Once games have started for that day, no refund of tournament fees due to weather or any circumstance beyond our control.
- If inclement weather causes a game stoppage (i.e. lightning), the following rules apply:
- Play will stop until the head official deems conditions are safe to resume play o If play stops in the first half of a game, the game resumes with the beginning of the 2nd half.
- If play stops in the 2nd half of a game, the game ends immediately. The team in the lead gets the win. If tied, a braveheart takes place when play resumes.
- If the delay is substantial, Tournament HQ may decide to shorten some games until the event is back on-time.
Ath-Ed Refund Policy for Pre-Event Cancelation:
- All registrants will received a full refund for the balance paid above their $500 non-refundable deposit.
- The $500 non-refundable deposit will be credited to your account, and can be used at any future ath-ed event.