- Mouthguards, must be worn at all times
- Players may only compete for one team during the event
- All penalties are 1 minute, as games are in “running-time”. Officials can extend penalties beyond 1 minute if warranted.
- Penalties begin on the referee’s re-start.
- Any fighting or flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No exceptions, no refunds.
- Teams must be available for all games. Please remember that many teams travel great distances for this event expecting to play a minimum of 4 games, and we rely on your professionalism to hold that commitment.
- Games consist of two 19-minute halves, and a 2 minute halftime.
- There are no time outs.
- Game times are kept at tournament HQ using an airhorn system.
- One long airhorn blasts is used to start and stop each half
- Two short airhorn blasts signals 2-minutes remaining (used in 2nd half only)
- Tie games will be settled with a “braveheart” competition, unless it is a playoff game.
- Braveheart: Each team fields 1 player and 1 goalie, starting with a faceoff. Only 1 player per team is allowed on the offensive side of the midfield line. NO substitutions. If a time serving penalty occurs, team is awarded a “free clear” and a 5-yard head start. If a loose ball penalty occurs, team is awarded the ball at the spot of the foul, but defender is allowed defensive positioning.
- PLAYOFF GAMES: Settled 10v10, first goal wins.
YOUTH SPECIFIC RULES
- No clearing times are in effect, though the 4-second crease rule for goalies still applies.
- A mercy rule is in effect if one team has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
HIGH SCHOOL SPECIFIC RULES
- NFHS clearing rules are in effect, 20 seconds to clear the midline, and 10 seconds to get it in the box
- A mercy rule is in effect if one tea has a lead of 8 or more goals. In this situation, the team trailing has the choice of starting with a free clear, or a faceoff.
INCLEMENT WEATHER RULES
- There are no rain dates for this event. Assume that games will be played on their scheduled dates.
- If inclement weather causes a game stoppage (i.e. lightning), the following rules apply:
- Play will stop until the head official deems conditions are safe to resume play
- If play stops in the first half of a game, the game resumes with the beginning of the 2nd half.
- If play stops in the 2nd half of a game, the game ends immediately. The team in the lead gets the win. If tied, a braveheart takes place when play resumes.
- If the delay is substantial, Tournament HQ may decide to shorten some games until the event is back on-time.