- Every member of California Garden Clubs, Inc. (CGCI) is a member of a much broader organization.
- The national organization is National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC).
- NGC was established in 1929 as a federation of thirteen state garden clubs.
that time it has grown to include fifty state garden clubs, the
National Capital Area, more than 6,000 member clubs as well as
- The permanent headquarters is located in St. Louis, MO.
- NGC is divided into eight regions to facilitate communication and cooperation.
- CGCI is the largest member of NGC.
- is in the Pacific Region of NGC.
- is divided into 28 "districts."
- Each member club in CGCI is part of one of the 28 districts.