Volunteering is a great way to meet other Fairlands parents, get involved at school, and bring positive change to your child's community. You can volunteer where and when your time permits. Without your help, many educational and fun events would not be possible.
In order to volunteer on campus, in classrooms, or attend field trips during school hours, you must bring your driver's license or a government-issued photo ID.
- Friday, September 6th - Ice Cream Social
- Room Parent (at home) - each teacher needs the help of a Room Parent to be an email liaison between the teacher and parents of students within the same classroom. Send out occasional emails (5-10 total throughout the year) when the teacher is planning special class activities or the Room Parent is collecting teacher gifts. Multiple parents can sign up to be co-room parents. Sign up at Back-to-School Night or contact your child's teacher.
- Friday Folders Helper (at school or at home) - stuff Friday folders with students' work and school communications. Sign up at Back-to-School Night or contact your child's teacher.
- Classroom Parent Helper (during class time) - teachers of younger grades (TK, K and 1st) need volunteers during specific class activities. Once a week/alternate weeks. Sign up at Back-to-School Night or contact your child's teacher.
- Science/Tech Lab/Library Helper (during class time) - once a week/alternate weeks, 45 mins to one hour. Accompany your class to lab and help during class.
- Fairlands Art Docents (FAD) Class Lesson Volunteer (during class time) - this PTA art program provides your child with the opportunity to do art at school. Watch step-by-step videos of art lessons and teach to your class. 5 lessons per year, about one hour each class.
- FAD Supply Inventory Helper (at school) - prepare art supply boxes for each grade level and track inventory in the FAD closet.
- Green Team & Fairlands Garden Helper (at school) - join our Green Team to encourage reducing, reusing and recycling. Help tend the Fairlands school garden and share samples of mint, grapes, kumquat, and other plants with students.
- Event Volunteer (off school hours) - an option for working parents or those who can't volunteer during school hours. Help us at community events with 1-2 hrs of your time, setting up, cleaning up, or running the booths during evening/weekend events. Sign-ups will be available a few weeks before each event.