Our team of professionals represents over 200 years of experience and expertise serving the non-profit sector. We are ready to place our extensive know-how at the service of your organization in the areas of grantsmanship, program evaluation, and outcome measurement. For more information on the individual members of our team, click on the “The FCI Team” link in the navigation menu to the left.
Click HERE to read an article on Lori Fabian in
U. S. 1.The accomplishments of the Fabian Consulting, Inc. Team:
- Raised over $62 million in foundation, corporate, and government grants and direct mail solicitation including a $8.7 million government grant for disaster case management related to Hurricane Sandy, a $2.5 million Federal grant for HIV services to the chronically homeless, $2.2 million Federal grant for after-school care for emotionally disabled children; a $1.6 million grant from a private foundation in New Orleans for a multi-year school intervention project, and a $1.4 million grant to a community center for an outreach program to at-risk pregnant and parenting women. Worked with organizations in the areas of education, religion, human services, science and nature, and the arts and humanities. Secured at least 171 confirmed grants since incorporation in 1995.
- Performed an external evaluation of a long-running program of the Foundation Center which was funded by the Kellogg Foundation. Performed national focus group research, conducted internet and hard-copy surveys, and performed meta-analysis of existing documentation. Produced 196-page report which was used by the Foundation Center for program development, planning, and resource allocation.
- Provided external evaluation services to a SAMHSA-funded program of the Urban Renewal Corporation in Newark, NJ which provides substance abuse services to the chronically homeless. Trained staff in reporting protocols, monitored compliance with Federal requirements, consulted on improvements to data collection procedures and systems.
- Provided outcome measurement consultation to several United Ways, including United Way of Essex and West Hudson NJ; United Way of Greater Los Angeles; United Way of Greater Union County NJ; United Way of Monroe County PA; United Way of New York City; United Way of Passaic County, NJ; and United Way of Southern Mississippi Worked internally with volunteers and staff and provided training and technical assistance to funded agencies.
- Provided training in outcome measurement, grantsmanship, and nonprofit management to nonprofit staff and board members in New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Trained through Fabian Consulting directly, and through the Rensselaerville Institute, Urban Renewal Corporation in Newark, NJ; United Way of Passaic County, New Jersey; the American Humanics Institute, the Performance Institute in Washington, DC, the Center for Nonprofits in Trenton, NJ, the Center for Nonprofit Resources in New Orleans, the Mississippi United Ways Association, United Way of South Mississippi, the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits, and the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
- Performed focus group research for the Catholic Diocese of Trenton regarding consumer reaction to its television series, RealFaith TV, and developed and marketed educational materials for the series which were marketed nationally through the NCEA and Harcourt Religious Publishing.
- Performed focus group research for the Jewish Renaissance Foundation of Perth Amboy, NJ regarding student reactions to its 21st Century After-School Program. Research in progress.
- Was contracted by Walt Disney Corporation and Motive Entertainment to develop and execute a marketing plan to Christian schools nationwide for the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Developed, designed and distributed over 3,500 educator kits, developed educational materials related to the film which were distributed nationally and internationally through sources such as Ascension Press and God’s World Publishing, and made contacts with over 50,000 educators. The Academy-Award winning film was the second-highest grossing film of 2005, and was honored by the Hollywood Publicists Union as one of the five best-marketed films of 2005. The DVD reached #1 in sales nationwide.