My students had pass CM Level 10:
Linda- year 2008
Rahul- year 2009
Nikki- year 2010 - with Branch Honor
Alicia- year 2012 - with Advance Medallion
Akhi and Miranda - year 2014
As a music educator, I learned from research about other teachers/ professor's teaching style and decided that Bruner (1971) has the style that fit me.
He suggested that there are three learning levels, and should be in this sequence:
1. Enactive level- students has to physically experiencing and representing the new idea.
2. Iconic level-students has to expressing the understanding through graphics or verbal descriptions that do not yet include appropriate labels.
3. Symbolic level-students are using the approach agreed upon label for that new concept.
I used the holistic approach for all my students:
1. Aural approach- ears
2. Kinetics approach- body
3. Visual approach- eyes
1. Students have the right to be treated with respect and dignity for their ideas, skills, stages of development
2. Students deserve an engaging learning environment in which they feel safe enough to demonstrate freely their understanding and skills through various type of participation
3. Students learning is the responsibility of both teachers and students
4. Learning is holistic and constructive
5. Teacher's attitudes , behaviors and methodologies should be compatible.
6. Accurate and constructive feedback helps students become independent learners
7. Quality of life is enriched through music and singing.
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|