eZFusion at a Glance:
Our project is based on research results
on the control and the deployment of distributed information fusion systems over dynamic resources. eZFusion can be applied to a more general context since the deployed system is expressed as a data-flow graph. This project, initiated at LISTIC
, is characterised by:
- eZFusion is currently deployed on OSGi frameworks connected by a common network,
- eZFusion is a prototype and should evolve according to new features,
- download, copy and use of eZFusion are free.
We are improving eZFusion in order to reach objectives:
- deploying a "fusion" system, defined by its description and the Java code of its components, whatever the available resources are, since they are compatible,
- monitoring the execution of the system,
- tuning the deployed system during its execution,
- adapting the configuration of the system in case of resource changes.
We present further details in the documents published on the Project Documents page
eZFusion quick start(work in progress)
You need 5 minutes
to download, to install and to try eZFusion. Simply follow these steps.
- Download the pre-installed version of eZFusion,
- Unzip the downloaded file and open the "ezfusion" directory,
- Be aware that this version of eZFusion uses an HTTP server on the port 8080, so close any other running server.
Launch the file framework.jar ("java -jar framework.jar" in a terminal since there is no opened window).
Allow every requests if your firewall warns you.
- When the message "Framework launched" appears, open the following URL in your favourite browser:
- Since eZFusion gives a name to each host, fill in the following text field with the agent's name (it is written in the eZfusion GUI, control part, third panel - it should look like this "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your IP address) and validate:
Then copy the URL of the generated XML file.
Paste the generated URL into the text field "path to the configuration:" of the eZFusion web interface (process part, second panel). Then clic on "deploy".
Your first eZFusion configuration is running.
Note that some features are not fully available in this demonstration version.
- To stop the execution, release the resources from the general control panel (control part, first panel).
- To stop eZFusion, write "shutdown" in the initial terminal and validate.
To have a more complete description of what happened, please have a look at this slide show.