This website presents and describes an example
of an executable paper created with SHARE
. It is part of a proposal for Elsevier's Executable Paper Grand Challenge
. Reviewers (judges) of the contest are encouraged to "execute" the paper (i.e., change parameters, change code listings, etc.) and even clone it (or SHARE demos from other bundles
), such that they can share their own revised version. Advanced features (aimed for example at volume editors) are explained on a separate page
. The initial proposal can be downloaded in the attachments section of this page. The final version is published by Elsevier.
- June 14th, 2011: SHARE video shown at SURFfoundation workshop about "enriched publications".
- June 9th, 2011: SHARE presented at 3TU Store-Share-and-Cite symposium as one of the Science Data Services in the Netherlands by Jeroen Rombouts, TU Delft.
- June 3rd, 2011: SHARE wins the second prize!
- June 2nd, 2011: presentation "SHARE - a web portal for creating and sharing executable research papers" available online.
- May18th, 2011: paper published in ICCS proceedings, available via ScienceDirect.
- Feb. 23rd, 2011: proposal accepted: SHARE is now one of the 10 finalists for the challenge. The challenge had attracted 71 submissions out of which 46 are rejected, 15 are invited for publication in the ICCS proceedings, and 10 are selected as 'Finalists' and also invited for publication in the ICCS proceedings.