You can nominate staff or volunteers who have gone the extra mile, from any CJS agency, civic sector or community group, including but not limited to:
What are the award categories?
In previous years we have been limited to specific categories which have been quite restrictive.
Feedback from last year’s campaign said you found it much better when we removed the specific categories and instead, offered you a number of ideas and suggestions to help you on your way with nominations.
To give you an idea of the type of areas you could nominate and individual/team for, we’ve listed a few below:
How do I nominate someone for a Justice Award?
Nominations must be submitted on the attached nomination form (available here once the nomination period begins). Nominations will not be accepted using any other form. Nominations should be typed and submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. Please contact us for more information.
When can I nominate?
Nominations open on Monday 10 October 2011 and close on Friday 18 November 2011. The campaign for 2012 is yet to be announced.
What information should I include on my nomination form?
You will have a maximum of 400 words to detail why your individual or team deserve an award. You should include:
· What evidence is there to support this nomination - include personal testimony, statistical evidence, reports, quotes, etc
· Does the person/team demonstrate an outstanding contribution?
· What has been achieved through their work?
· How are they doing something "over and above" their ordinary work?
· Does the person/team’s work contribute to helping individuals?
· Does the person/team’s work contribute to the community?
· Does the person/team’s work contribute to the wider Criminal Justice System?
Nominations should be based on work in the Northumbria area.
Nominations must relate to work carried out from 1st October 2010 to date.
When will I find out if my nomination has been successful?
All nominations will be sifted by a cross-agency group in late November, with results issued soon after. Both nominators and nominees will be informed of the results.
If you are successful both you and your nominee will be invited to attend the award ceremony on 16 December 2011 where winners will be announced.