1/2 c onion, finely chopped
2 Tbs olive oil
1 c bulgur
1 c boiling water
1/3 c slivered almonds
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a saucepan, saute onion. Add bulgur and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Pour boiling water over bulgur, remove from heat, and let sit for 25 minutes.
3. Fluff with a fork and add the almonds, salt, and pepper. Serve with broccoli.
6 Tbs olive oil
4 garlic cloves
3 lbs broccoli, cut into stalks
1 c dry white wine
1 Tbs hot red pepper flakes
1 lemon, zested
1 orange, zested
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium meat.
2. Add the broccoli and toss in garlic mixture until coated. Add the wine gradually and cook until broccoli is tender (10 minutes).
3. Add the red pepper and zests and serve immediately.