In 2009, 53% of tax payers, paid all of the taxes and the other 47% paid none.
The top 1% of income earners pay 40% of all the taxes.
The top 2% of income earners pay 50% of all the taxes.
In a 10 year period, ending in 2009, 8 out of 10 corporations paid no taxes and at the same time, some received subsidies from taxpayers.
If you cut out the entire Department of Defense Budget which includes the entire military here and overseas as well as Homeland Security, you would have 200 Billion left over after paying just the interest on out National Debt for one year.
If you took the entire salaries of the people who make $100,000 and up, you would have enough to operate the Federal Government for about 3 to 4 months.
If you took the entire profits of corporations, you could operate the Federal Government to about July of every year.