Go Green Organization

We decided in the last meeting to organize as a Non-Profit Corporation by applying for an EIN number and then non-profit status. After doing research at the IRS, there are a number of 501 Corporations. They have a Tax Exempt Overview Class. The form 1023 must be filed within 27 months. We must file Tax form 990-T if income less than $1,000. A corporation can operate as a non-profit before exempt status but donors may not be guaranteed federal write-offs. State Laws apply as well. The user fee is $300 for organizations making less than $10,000 per year for four years. The types that may apply are: