Research interests: Competitive Price Discrimination, Advertising, Digital and Telecommunications Markets, Big Data, Competition and Consumer Policy.
Personal Information: Reside in Braga-Portugal, Married to Francisco Carballo-Cruz, Three children: Diego (July, 2005), David (January, 2011) and Carmen (August, 2016)Link to CV
- Elasticity of Demand and Behaviour-Based Price Discrimination, (with Carlo Reggiani), International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol 32, January 2014, 46-56. (IJIO Best Paper Award 2015 (for paper published in 2014)) (http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-industrial-organization/awards/best-paper-award-2015/)
- Price Discrimination and Targeted Advertising: A Welfare Analysis, (With Paulo Guimarães), The ICFAI Journal of Applied Economics (2008), 5: 41-47.
- IJIO Best Paper Award 2015, for papers published in 2014: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-industrial-organization/awards/best-paper-award-2015/
- IJIO Excellence in Reviewing Certificate 2015
- EARIE Young Economists' Essay Competition Award 2006
- Behavior-Based Price Discrimination in a Multi-Dimensional Preferences Market (with Qihong Liu and Jie Shuai), March 2016. (Download it at: SSRN , NIPE WP 04/2016WP)
- Behaviour Based Price Discrimination under Advertising and Imperfectly Informed Consumers.
Financed Research Projects:
Title: Behaviour-Based Price Discrimination in Multiproduct Markets
- Researchers: Rosa Branca Esteves (Principal Investigator), Andrew Rodhes (Toulouse University) and Carlo Reggiani (Manchester University)
- Consultant: Prof. Mark Armstrong
- Funding: Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT), 14680 euros (Ref: EXP/IIM-ECO/1615/2013)
- Duration: 1 year (2014-03-01 a 2015-03-01)
Title: New Insights on the Economics of Customer Recognition and Behaviour-Based Price Discrimination
Title: Competition and Consumer Policy Issues in Media Markets
- Researchers: Rosa Branca Esteves (Principal Investigator) and Helder Vasconcelos
- Consultants: Prof. Mark Armstrong
- Consultants: Prof. Mark Armstrong and Prof. Jean Gabsewicks
- Funding:Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT), 27.000 euros (Ref: PTDC/EGE-ECO/108784/2008)
- Duration: 3 years (2010-01-01 a 2012-12-31).
European Economic Review, Rand Journal of Economics, Journal of Industrial Economics, Journal of the European Economic Association, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Economic Journal, Information Economics and Policy, Portuguese Economic Journal.
- Advanced Microeconomics (PhD)
- Advanced Industrial Economics (PhD)
- Competition Policy (Master)
- Games and Strategic Behaviour (Undergraduate)
- Information, Markets and Strategies (Master)
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: + 351 253601932
- Fax: +351253676375
- Mail address: Department of Economics, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 Braga, Portugal