Time: MW 4:30-6 pm
Locations: Towne 307
This is a list of the main topics to be covered:
- Lecture 1 (Aug 31): Overview. Please read Chapter 1 from Bullo's book.
- Elements of matrix theory
- Fundamentals of graph theory
- The adjacency matrix
- Discrete-time averaging systems
- The Laplacian matrix
- Continuous-time averaging systems
- The incidence matrix
- Positive and compartmental systems
- Convergence rates, scalability and optimization
- Time-varying averaging algorithms
- Randomized averaging algorithms
- Nonlinear systems and robotics coordination
- Coupled oscillators
- Networks of coupled oscillators
- Virus propagation
- Virus propagation in contact networks
- Lotka-Volterra population dynamics
Alternative topics are:
- Random walks in networks (Laszlo Lovasz notes).
- Structural controllability.
- Networked Markov chains.
- Higher-order networks.