I am the GostCrypt
Project leader and the DAVFI project
architect and designer, a new generation anti-malware solution.
My credo: "Never trust a politician. A political party is a good idea gone bad/(Ne jamais faire confiance à un homme politique. Un parti politique est une bonne idée qui a mal tourné)"
My curriculum vitae is here
My research deals with
and evaluation of symmetric cryptosystems, design
of cryptosystems with trapdoors/backdoors (introduction of undetectable
mathematical weaknesses allowing a less complex cryptanalysis for
anyone who has knowledge of the trapdoor), cryptanalysis
of symmetric cryptosystem based on the combinatorial properties
(weaknesses) of those systems, reconstruction
techniques of unknown algorithms (coding or encryption) using the
intercepted stuff only (encoded streams, encrypted messages).
and design of steganographic systems.
Encrypted data (COMSEC aspect only) exhibit a (too) typical
statistical profile. Consequently any attacker can therefore easily
identify an exchange of encrypted data. It is therefore crucial in
some contexts to hide the very existence (storage, exchange) of
data. It is the role of steganography (hiding the channel by
considering the TRANSEC aspect). From a dual point of view, I am also interested in techniques for detecting
steganographic contents (steganalysis).
characterization of viral techniques (known and unknown
and design of new malware technologies, formalization
and design of new antiviral techniques, malicious
cryptography and steganography (potential use of encryption and/or steganographic techniques by Malware and use of malicious codes
for applied cryptanalysis purposes), analysis
and Evaluation (passive and active) of antivirus software.
and technical studies of the concept of computer warfare
- Critical infrastructure security analysis. Proactive analysis of terrorist attacks
My teaching activities:
efiliol at netc.fr
- Probability theory and Statistics course
- Parallel and distributed computing. This include bigdata computing (Hadoop & MapReduce)
- Data mining and Big Data applied to security and Intelligence
- Information theory course
- Error-correcting codes course
- Mathematical models of security (graph theory, Boolean functions, statistical testing...)
- Theory and pratice of blockchains
- Cryptography and cryptanalysis
- Open source Intelligence techniques
- Ethics and legal regulation in security