Economist (Development Research Group, Trade and International Integration, World Bank)
Research Interests: Trade Policy, Labor Mobility, Migration, Unemployment, Human Capital, Structural Estimation
Fields: International Trade, Labor and Development Economics
Work in Progress
1. PPML Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Choice Models with Aggregate Shocks
(This paper develops a new econometric method we use in other papers)
(joint with German Bet, Irene Brambilla and Guido Porto)
3. Transit Migration: All Roads Lead to the United States
Submitted (joint with Caglar Ozden)
(joint with J. Arias, D. Lederman, and D. Rojas)
5. Some Simple Analytics of Trade and Labor Mobility
Submitted (joint with S. Chaudhuri and J. McLaren)
1. Trade Policy and Wage Inequality: A Structural Analysis with Occupational and Sectoral Mobility.
(joint with John McLaren) Slides, Journal of International Economics, 2015.
2. A Mapping of Mobility Costs in the Developing World
(joint with Daniel Lederman and Guido Porto) Journal of International Economics, 2015.
3. Trade Shocks and Labor Adjustment: A Structural Empirical Approach
(joint with Shubham Chaudhuri and John McLaren) American Economic Review, June 2010.
4. Delay and Dynamics in Labor Market Adjustments
(joint with Shubham Chaudhuri and John McLaren) Journal of International Economics. May 2008.
1. A Global Assessment of Human Capital Mobility: the Role of non-OECD Destinations
(joint with F. Docquier, C. Ozden and C. Parsons) World Development, January 2015.
1. R&D and Aggregate Fluctuations.
(joint with Panayiotis Pourpourides), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, October 2014.
2. Discount Window Borrowing After 2003: The Explicit Reduction in Implicit Costs
(joint with Selva Demiralp) Journal of Banking and Finance, April 2010.
3. Provision of Liquidity through the Primary Credit Facility during the Financial Crisis: A Structural Analysis
(joint with Selva Demiralp) New York Fed's Economic Policy Review, August 2010.