- Mitch Wilkes, Erdem Erdemir and Kazuhiko Kawamura, A Neuromorphically-Inspired Architecture for Cognitive Robots, Neuromorphic and Brain-Based Robotic, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- K. Kawamura, S. M. Gordon, P. Ratanaswasd, E. Erdemir, and J. F. Hall, “Implementation of cognitive control for a humanoid robot,” Int. Journal of Humanoid Robotics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1-40, 2008
- Erdem Erdemir, Mitch Wilkes and Kazuhiko Kawamura, "A Developmental Approach for Imitation and Affordance Learning for Cognitive Robots," (in prep.)
- Brian Lawson, H. Atakan Varol, Amanda Huff, Erdem Erdemir, and Michael Goldfarb, "Finite State-Based Impedance Controllers for Stair Ascent and Descent with a Powered Transfemoral Prosthesis," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (submitted)
Erdemir, D.M. Wilkes, Kazuhiko Kawamura and Aysu Erdemir, "Learning
Structural Affordances through Self-Exploration," IEEE International
Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2012.
Tan, Erdem Erdemir, Kazuhiko Kawamura, Qian Du, "A potential field
method-based extension of the dynamic movement primitive algorithm for
imitation learning with obstacle avoidance," Mechatronics and Automation
(ICMA), pg.525-530, 2011.
Wilkes, S. Franklin, E. Erdemir, S. Gordon, S. Strain, K. Miller and K.
Kawamura, "Heterogeneous Artificial Agents for Triage Nurse
Assistance," In 2010 IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoids
Robots, pp. 130-137, December 6-8, 2010.
Erdemir, M. Ozkan, K. Kawamura, D. M. Wilkes, M. Firat and A. Polat,
"Design and Optimization of a Fuzzy-Neural Hybrid Controller for an
Artificial Muscle Robotic Arm Using Genetic Algorithms," In 2010 IEEE-RAS
International Conference on Humanoids Robots, pp. 530-535, December 6-8, 2010.
Erdemir, C.B. Frankel, K. Kawamura, S.M. Gordon, S. Thornton and B. Ulutas,
"Towards a Cognitive Robot that Uses Internal Rehearsal to Learn
Affordance Relations," International Conference on Intelligent Robots and
Systems (IROS), pp. 2016 - 2021, Nice , France, 2008.
Erdemir, C.B. Frankel, S. Thornton, B. Ulutas and K. Kawamura, "A Robot
Rehearses Internally and Learns an Affordance Relation," International
Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), pp. 298-303, Monterey, CA,
August 9-12, 2008.
Ulutas, E. Erdemir and K. Kawamura, "Application of a Hybrid Controller
with Non-Contact Impedance to a Humanoid Robot", 10th International
Workshop on Variable Structure Systems, pp. 378 - 383, Antalya, Turkey, June
K., Gordon, S., Ratanaswasd, P., Garber, C., and Erdemir, E.
"Implementation of Cognitive Control for Robots", Proc. of the 4th
COE Workshop on Human Adaptive Mechatronics (HAM), pp. 41-54, Tokyo Denki
University, Japan, March 2-3, 2007
Erdemir, E. Erdemir, E. Bingham, S. Beck and J. Rieser, "The Coupling of Gesture
and Sound: The Kinematics of Cross-Modal Matching for Hand Conducting Gestures
and Accompanying Vocal Sounds," International Conference on Music
Perception and Cognition, 2012.
Erdemir, E. Erdemir and J. J. Rieser, "A Kinematic Model for Perceived
Musical Tempo," 11th International Conference on Music Perception and
Cognition, August 23-27, 2010.
- A. Erdemir, E. Erdemir and J. J. Rieser, "A perception-action model for similarities in perceived musical tempo and the kinematics of physical action," Society for Music Perception and Cognition Biennial Conference, August 3-6, 2009.