Admins can now transfer Google Documents from one user to anotherOfficial Google Blog
Moving a Google Site out of an Educational Domain
Instructions written by Heather Stafford
, Technical Communications Instructor.
Note: The following set of instructions assume that the user has two Google accounts which include an account from within the ed domain as well as a personal Google account.
Steps to take place under the Educational Domain:
- To begin, open the site from within the educational domain.
- Go to More Actions -> Manage Site.
- Select the “Sharing” option under site settings.
- In the section titled “Invite people to join site as owner” type in the email address of the personal account. This will be the new owner.
- Make selections under Advanced Permissions as needed.
- Click Invite these people. This will send an email to the account listed above which will include a link to the sites current location under the ed domain.
Steps to take place in the personal Google account:
- Open Google account and Gmail to view the link to the account we just shared.
- This will take you to the Ed Domain log in page. At the bottom of the sign in section there is an option to “Sign in with a different account”. Enter the personal account log in and password here.
- Once you are logged in, open the site and click the More Actions --> Manage Site options.
- Select the General option.
- At the bottom of the screen in the Site Actions Section there is now an option to Copy this Site. Select this.
- Type in the site name and take note of the new URL which should read:
- http://sites.google.com/site/(new site name here)
- Click the button to Copy Site.
To remove the school account as an owner of the site:
Go to More Actions --> Sharing and remove the school account as an owner of the site.
At any point the school site can now be deleted.