Office: Cullimore Hall, room 523
Department of Mathematics, New Jersey of Technology, Newark NJ, 07102
- KITP conference on "Active Matter at the Frontier", April 2020
- KITP program "Symmetry, thermodynamics and topology in Active Matter", March-May 2020
- APS-DFD Annual Meeting, November 2019
- Society of Engineering Science meeting, October 2019
- Gordon Research Conference in Soft Matter, August 2019
- Workshop in Active and Soft Matter, Lawrence Berkeley Lab, July 2019
- International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Valencia Spain, July 2019
- Frontiers in Applied and Computational Math, May 2019
- Numerical methods for PDEs, BIRS, Canada, May 2019
- Mathematics of form in active media, Newton Institute UK, March 2019
- APS March Meeting, Boston, March 2019
- SIAM Computational Science Meeting, Feb 2019
Oct 2019 - Paper "Relating rheotaxis and hydrodynamic actuation using asymmetric Au-Pt phoretic rods" appears in Physical Review Letters
Nov 2018 - Paper "Nonlinear concentration patterns and bands in autochemotactic suspensions" appears in Physical Review E
Aug 2017 - Paper "Scattering of biflagellate microswimmers from surfaces" appears in Physical Review E
Aug 2016 - Perspective on our work in NJP "One ring to rule them all: tuning bacteria collective motion via geometric confinement"
Aug 2016 - Paper on anisotropically tumbling swimmers appears in Physical Review E.
June 2016 - Work with Hugo and Ray on bacteria in racetracks appears in New Journal of Physics.
May 2016 - Paper on the dynamics of inert spheres in an active micro-rotor bath appears in Soft Matter.
Dec 2015 - Work with Matteo, Idan, Vasily and Marco on micro-algae hitting an obstacle appears in Physical Review Letters.
June 2015 - We got an NSF-CBET grant to fund our work on the emergent behavior of micro-rotors.
May 2015 - Paper on the collective dynamics of micro-rotors appears in Physical Review Letters.
April 2015 - Article on micro-rotor orbits appears in J. Nonlinear Science.
June 2014 - Paper on bacterial organization in a drop appears in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Research work highlighted in popular press:
- Brown University News Tiny `racetracks' show how bacteria get organized, July 2016
- National Science Foundation CBET News from the Field, July 2016
- Phys.org Tiny `racetracks' show how bacteria get organized, July 2016
- Brown University News Researchers simulate behavior of 'active matter', June 2015
- National Science Foundation CBET News from the Field, June 2015
- Phys.org Researchers simulate behavior of active matter, June 2015
- Futurity Magazine Watch these spinning dots move like flocks, June 2015
- The Conversation Emergence: the remarkable simplicity of complexity, Oct 2014
- Phys.org Emergence: the remarkable simplicity of complexity, Oct 2014
- Brown University News Emergence of bacterial vortex explained, June 2014
- Phys.org Researchers explain the emergence of bacterial vortex, June 2014
- LiveScience Bacterial vortex explained, June 2014
- Yahoo News Bacterial vortex: microbes' odd "swimming" behavior explained, June 2014
- Huffington Post Bacterial vortex study shows why microbes `swim' in circles, June 2014
- Kurios: Der Bakterien-Strudel, June 2014