What is CQ Researcher?
CQ Researcher -- from the homepage of CQ Researcher:
“About The CQ Researcher
Founded in 1923 as Editorial Research Reports, The CQ Researcher is the choice of researchers seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news. Published in print and online 44 times a year, the single-themed CQ Researcher report offers in-depth, non-biased coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on topics in health, international affairs, education, the environment, technology and the U.S. economy.
Each 12,000-word CQ Researcher report is a unique work, investigated and written by a seasoned journalist. It can be read in its entirety or by section, which include a background and chronology; an assessment of the current situation; tables and maps; pro/con statements from representatives of opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
Published by CQ Press, a division of Congressional Quarterly Inc., The CQ Researcher is used by librarians and researchers at thousands of university, public, and school libraries as well as by many leading media organizations. The CQ Researcher was recipient of the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Journalism Excellence in 1999 for a 10-part series on health care and the American Bar Association's 2002 Silver Gavel Award for a nine-part series on liberty and justice issues.”
How do I find CQ Researcher?
· Through the NECC library homepage at www.necc.mass.edu/departments/library
· Go to Find Articles → See Databases by Subject → Any Topic →CQ Researcher (only 5 users at a time)
· Click on to The CQ Researcher Online
· Click on to Browse by Date
· Click on to 2008 for lists of topics
Each topic provides files for reading and research:
Ø Full Report
Ø Current Situation
Ø Special Focus
Ø Next Step
· *****Because of a limited number of subscriptions to CQ Researcher through NECC library, you will need to allow yourself time to access this site. You will need a library card number from the college library to access the site from home. If you cannot access the site, I will place copies of the report on reserve in the library