is an online collection of over 600 authoritative reference books you can access from the Leeward CC Library home page.
Use Credo Reference for a definition or topic overview as you start your research.
- Find hundreds of specialized encyclopedias and dictionaries covering the arts, business, food, history, languages, law, literature, medicine, philosophy, psychology, religion, sciences, and social sciences.
- Learn about people and cultures from the ancient to modern eras.
- Find historic speeches, famous quotations, biographies, maps, and more.
- Search thousands of images of famous paintings and other works of art.
To access Credo Reference go to the library's home page at
Accessing Credo Reference1. Under Research Tools select Credo Reference.
Search over 600 reference titles available in Credo Reference
Browse titles under Use Credo Reference to find.
4. Type your keyword(s) in the Search for window to find articles, definitions, images, etc.
5. The keyword search 'homelessness' yielded 428 results.
6. There are several ways to narrow your search. At All Subjects select one of the broad subject areas to add to your search. Or select an option under Narrow your search by on the left side of the page.
7. Your search results may include Topic Pages which provide links to articles, books, images, and videos on your topic.
8. Reference Entries include long and short articles and definitions. The word count after an abstract indicates article length. Click the title to view the complete article.
9. Homelessness article from the World of Sociology.
10. At the end of the article is a citation. One of the advantages of using Credo Reference or any other library research databases is the availability of automatic citation tools. Use the MLA citation format for ENG 22. Be sure to check the citation for omissions or formatting errors before adding to a works cited page.