1. Type your keywords in the Search window.
2. Leeward CC is the default library for this search. Change the Quick Limit according to your needs.3. Keyword is the default in the Search by menu. You can search for books by Title Keyword, Title begins with, Author [Last Name First], etc. by changing search field.
4. 6 results (items) in the library match your keywords.
5. Your search statement shows your keywords and any search limits. Please review to ensure that you are seeing the results for Leeward CC.
6. Click on the title link to view the Full Item Record and to find out how to retrieve this title.
View Full Item Record
7. Title and other publication information.
8. Subjects are controlled vocabulary used to organize the book in the catalog by subject matter.
9. Summary/Abstract is included to give you more information about the content of the book. Web Site/Electronic Resource provides links to online content which sometimes includes the full text of the work.
10. Get this Item is where you go to request a book from another UH System Library. This is our Intra-System Loan (ISL) service. If the book you want is unavailable in our library you have the option to request a copy located at another UH System library. ISL requests will be delivered to the library's Circulation Desk in approximately one week. Go to the Reference Desk for more information about this service.
11. After the Item Record you will find the Holdings. The holdings are the copies of the title owned by the UH System libraries. Scroll through the list organized by campus to find the copies at Leeward CC.
- Location indicates the owning library plus the collection (area) within that library. In the example below the book will be found in the Hawaiian/Pacific Collection.
- Write down the Call Number to find the book on the shelf. You also have the option of texting the call number to your mobile phone.
- Copy Number refers to the number of copies owned by the library while Status indicates availability.
Intra-System LoansIf you want a book that is checked out from our library or is otherwise unavailable, you have the option to request a copy located at another UH system library. This service is called Intra-system Loan, or ISL, and is available to all current Leeward CC students.
Books requested through this service will be delivered to the library's Circulation Desk. The library will contact you when your requested book is ready for pick up. Go to the Reference Desk for more information.
Search Tip: When searching Hawai'i Voyager do not type your search in the form of a complete sentence or question. Type the main words describing your topic - your keywords. If your thesis statement is "lack of affordable housing is behind rising homelessness in Hawaii" your keyword search statement might be: housing homelessness Hawaii