note: include a deliverable list where it's visible (laulima or here)
The proofreading qualification task consists of 3 parts, described below. Interns who do not complete this task successfully must meet with the Axe on their own time for grammar boot camp and must complete a makeup assessment before the end of the internship to receive course credit for ENG 209.
Part 1: Diagnose your Grammar/Writing Mechanics Skills
- Take the Grammar/Mechanics Diagnostic Pretest (see attached). Interns who earn a perfect score on the pretest may skip parts 2 and 3 of this task!
- Deliverable: Go to the ENG 209 Laulima course website, then to the "Assignments" page. Once at the Assignments page, upload your completed pretest via the "Grammar/Mechanics Pretest" link.
- Within 48 hours, return to the "Grammar/Mechanics Pretest" link to receive your personalized Grammar/Mechanics Profile.
- Highlight or circle the grammar/mechanics categories in your profile where your scored four or lower. You will work with these categories in part 2 below.
Part 2: Review & Self Assessment
- In your textbook and on the Task 1-B Resources page, find resources related to the grammar/mechanics categories the diagnostic pretest suggested you should review (see Part 1, Step 4 above).
- Study the textbook sections and complete the review quizzes related to your categories for review.
- Answer the following question with a "yes" or "no" for each of your review categories: Am I strong in ____ ?
- Deliverable: When you feel strong in 70% of the categories identified for your review by the diagnostic pretest, send an email to the Axe, at email@example.com, with the subject line "Grammar/Mechanics Self Survey." In your email, indicate with a "yes" or "no" which of your review categories you feel strong in. For example:
Am I strong in _____ ?
Plural Nouns - Yes
Capitalization - No
Commas and Semicolons - Yes
Verb Agreement - Yes
- Deliverable: After you've emailed me your part 2 deliverable, go to the testing center to take a grammar/mechanics posttest.
- Score 85% or higher on the posttest to complete this task.
This task must be completed by XX/XX/XXXX. Interns who score XX% on the posttest will earn XX points for this task (fill in condensed scale). Interns who do not complete parts 1-3 by the deadline will receive no credit until they register for and complete mywritinglab and have had their second conference with their intern coordinator.