5th & Final call for free access to test facilities under MARINET
Post date: Sep 16, 2013 1:27:23 PM
Tidal Testing Centre NL is pleased to announce the opening of the fifth and final call of MARINET offering free-of-charge access to European's leading test facilities for marine renewable energy R&D. This is a unique opportunity for SME’s and researchers alike to use state-of-the-art infrastructures at no cost. A contribution towards transport and accommodation costs for visiting teams will be provided. Those wishing to apply for access to TTC must be based in the EU or in FP7-associated States, but not in the Netherlands (only trans-national access permitted). The Tidal Energy Testing Centre in Den Oever, provides an excellent opportunities for testing at intermediate scale. Water flows up to 4,5 m/sec are available depending on the tide.
· The size of a sluice is 16m wide with a depth of 4.2m
· Ideal for 'intermediate scale' testing of offshore devices (± 1:3)
· Suitable for 1:1 scale testing of small run of river turbines
Tidal Testing Centre NL holds a separate fund, which will be used in 2014 to design and build a dedicated support structure for turbines.
We look forward to engage with potential users on the specifications of such structure. Please contact our Access manager a.s.a.p. if you are interested to use our facilities.
How to apply
· Go to www.fp7-marinet.eu for further details and to complete the online application form.
· The call closing date is 31st October 2013 (1400 CET).
· Access (testing) must be between 13-01-2014 and 31-12-2014.
· Successful applications will be announced on the 20 December 2013
Peter Scheijgrond - Access to TTC