2 14oz cans Garbonzo beans (chickpeas), drained
1/2 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 - 1 tsp Cayanne pepper
4 cloves Garlic, minced
3/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp Flour
2 tsp cumin
1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Olive oil (for frying)
Atichoke hearts, chopped
- Put the garbonzo beans, onion, cilantro, 3 tbsp flour, egg,
cayanne pepper, garlic, and cumin into a large mixing bowl and mash
until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat (throw a piece of onion in to test heat. If it sizzles that's good).
- Form hamburger sized patties of the falafel mixture (1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick).
- Coat each patty with the remaining flour (1 cup).
- Fry the patties on each side for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve in a pita w/ the yogurt and any of the optional ingredients (or on its own).