Club history
Return to Homepage

The first recorded match took place against a team from the surrounding villages, on 29th April 1854.  Eltisley won a low scoring game by six wickets.  Between 1890 and 1947, Eltisley CC played an annual cricket match on ice against Croxton and fielded a Ladies XI between 1905 and 1928. 

 

On 4th May 1935, the Cade Pavillion was officially opened, having been given to the village by James Cade in memory of his father.  The Pavillion is used by the Cricket Club to this day.  Though cricket has been played on Eltisley Green for 153 years, it was not until 1976 that cricket was played on a Sunday.  

 

 

Eltisley Cricket Club – The future.

 

With the support of the village community, Eltisley CC could, and should, continue many years into the future.  With its village location, a thatched pavillion and chestnut trees within the boundaries, there can be no better place to play cricket in the county!