Department of Biology, University of New Mexico
135 Castetter Hall, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87131-0001
August 2008- University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM
Biology Major (GPA: 3.95)
· Undergraduate Fellowship with the National Science Foundation’s UnO Program
· Study Abroad at the University of Granada.
June 2008 Academic Magnet High School Charleston, SC
· Honors Magnet High School Diploma
· South Carolina State High School Diploma
2010- Dr Ursula Shepherd’s Lab
· Learned techniques for research in molecular ecology.
· Working on a thesis project involving field research completed over the summer of 2010
· Faculty advisor: Ursula Shepherd; Graduate Student Advisor: Justine Garcia
July 2010 Field Research Assistant
· Assisted PhD student, Justine Garcia, with sample collection and running experiments in the field.
2005-2008 Operation Home Charleston, SC
Fundraising Coordinator, Personal Assistant
· As the position becomes less recent, you might have fewer bullets for the position. You might condense what were 3 bullets into one. The assumption is that over time you have advanced in your career, and the interesting content is at the more recent positions.
AWARDS AND HONORS
· Proficient at speaking Spanish; competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Swing dancing competitions; ceramic art