Tho Ngoc Le is currently a Ph.D. student at the Department of Electrical Engineeringand Computer Science in Northwestern University , under the Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship (VEF). Prior to this, he worked as a Research Engineer at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National University of Singapore (NUS). He graduated with his Bachelor of Engineering degree at NUS in 2011, and Master of Science at Northwestern in 2014.
- Social Networks
- Data Science
- Quantitative Finances
- Probabilistic models
- Game Theory
- Optimization and Resources Allocation in Communications Networks
- Wireless Communications
- B.Eng. : NUS, Singapore (2007-2011)
- M.S. : Northwestern University (2014)
- Ph.D. : Northwestern University (2012- Dec 2016 (expected))
Awards and Honors:
- Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship (VEF) award (to Northwestern)
- First Class Honor B.Eng., NUS
- Alcatel-Luccent Technologies Prize (NUS)
- Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce Medal (NUS)
- ST Electronics Prize (NUS)
- Singapore Scholarship (Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs) (to NUS)
- Tho Ngoc Le, Vijay Subramanian, Randall Berry. Information Cascades with Noise. Accepted for TSIPN Special Issue on Distributed Information Processing in Social Networks, June 2017. (PDF preprint)
- Tho Ngoc Le, Vijay Subramanian, Randall Berry. Quantifying the Utility of Noisy Reviews in Stopping Information Cascades. Submitted to the 55rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Dec 2016. (PDF preprint).
- Tho Ngoc Le, Vijay Subramanian, Randall Berry. Are Imperfect Reviews Helpful in Social Learning? Accepted for the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, July 2016. (PDF preprint).
- Tho Ngoc Le, Vijay Subramanian, Randall Berry. The Impact of Observation and Action Errors on Informational Cascades. In 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, December 2014. (PDF preprint).
- Tho Ngoc Le, Vijay Subramanian, Randall Berry. The Value of Noise for Informational Cascades. In IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, June 2014. (PDF preprint).
- Dinil Mon Divakaran, Tho Ngoc Le, and Mohan Gurusamy. An online Integrated Resource Allocator for Guaranteed Performance in Data Centers. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, October 2013, (PDF preprint).
- Mohan Gurusamy, Tho Ngoc Le, and Dinil Mon Divakaran. An integrated resource allocation scheme for Multi-Tenant data-center. In 37th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN 2012), October 2012. (PDF preprint).