This shield drives a single nixie tube and provides an interface for Ogilumen Nixie Duo + Driver boards. http://www.ogilumen.com/nixie-tubes-c-53.html
1. What gas is in the nixie tube?
2. How is the high voltage generated on the board? At what point is the highest voltage generated?
3. What control lines is the Arduino using? How does this work at low voltage?
4. What does the variable resistor R8 do? What happens if you turn it up or down?
5. What does the 155N chip do? If it were not available, how would you replace its function?
Please note the component values in the attached list. Also note that this board generates some higher voltages; please be careful and don't touch it during operation.
Click on any of these for a full size image that you can easily read component values on. This demonstration unit is permanently "on" - please solder the slide switch into the board instead of shorting the contacts next to the 470uF cap.