Nothing gives me more pleasure than to be able to provide quality, dedicated service to you. With your generous trust and support I have had the privilege and honor of serving you as your Portage City Councilman and County Commissioner . Together we can continue to improve our community and I ask you again to give me the opportunity to serve on the Portage City Council. As always, I pledge my dedication, coupled with my qualified experience to lead the city with the integrity, pride and leadership you have come to know of in previous years.
I am committed to:
Your endorsement, both financial as well as your permission to list your name as an endorser and place a yard sign to demonstrate that backing will be paramount to my goal of achieving this role in City government.
If you’d like to speak to me directly, please call 269.327.0016 or 269.720.9404 (cell) and I would be happy to answer any inquiries that may arise.
Thank you very kindly for your support!
Nasim H. Ansari
3015 Kalarama Avenue
Portage MI 49024
Experience- you can count on:
* Portage City Councilman
* Kalamazoo County Commissioner
* Member Kal. County Local Emenrgency Planning Committee
* Vice Chair Inter-governmental Cooperation Committee
* Parks and Recreation Commissioner
*Board of Directors Convention and Visitation Bureau
* Member Portage Local Development Finance Authority
* Member Kal. County Env.Health Advisory Council
* Past President Portage Small Business Association
* Retired Local Government Employee
* Adjunct Professor
* Master’s Degree in Chemistry
* Master’s Degree in Business
* Resident of Portage-36 years
Built a sustainable financial picture for the County government
Managed budget process with a minimum of disruption in public services
Resolved Juvenile Home improvement and County Jail issue without millage increase.
Promoted county wide regional and strategic development efforts
Increased County government’s role and visibility to improve
relationships among local units of government