Communications & Connections Working
Strategic Planning Goals: Suzuki Elders communicate their vision, values,
and an elder perspective on environmental issues and actions, to specific
groups and the general public.
Recent and ongoing Communications and Connections Group activities:
- Development of the Suzuki Elders Purpose Statement and Constitution (December, 2010).
- First Gathering” of Suzuki Elders (Feb. 15, 2011).
- Development of WordPress Blog Site for Suzuki Elders (June, 2010).
- Oversaw addition of 31 blog entries with 11,000 views since 2012.
- Developed Suzuki Elder facebook page.
- Development of a Web Google Group for environmental discussions among members (March, 2011).
- Development of a Suzuki Elders logo (September, 2011).
- Development of Suzuki Elders website (June 2011).
- Contributions to Suzuki Elders booth display for regional community events.
- Initiated sub-committee on story telling and devised plan for future use of technique (2012/13)