How to start and exit Maple
To start maple:
- Maple can be started by double-clicking on Maple (icon on the desktop) or, on some machines, by double-clicking on a Maple worksheet (icon on the desktop)..or
- On Windows computers, go to Start Menu -> Programs -> Maple 13 -> Maple 13
- When you double-click on Maple, Maple will start up with an empty worksheet.
To exit Maple in a windows environment: choose File -> Exit.
Loading and saving worksheets
To load an existing worksheet into Maple:
To Save your Maple file:
- When you lunch Maple, you start with a blank worksheet with menus and toolbars at the top, palettes on the side.
- Select the "Open" option from the File menu, or click on the "open folder icon" on the top menu bar.
- Look in the directory where your Maple file is, then double click on it. This will load your Maple worksheet into your Maple workspace.
- Under the File menu, click on "Save As", A Save As window appears with the name *.mws in the Filename box. Maple adds the .mws extension to identify the saved file as a Maple file
- Choose a location where you want to store your Maple worksheets.
- Give a "meaningful" name to your Maple worksheet. Then Click OK.