Membership in Psi Chi is open to those who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests and who are students or faculty members at Eastern Illinois University. Both undergraduate and graduate students who have registered for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature may be eligible for membership if other requirements are fulfilled.
- Must have completed 3 semesters of college courses and have completed at least 9 semester hours of Psychology
- Transfer students must have established a GPA at Eastern—completed at least one semester at EIU
- Must be a Psychology major or minor
- Have at least a 3.35 GPA in Psychology (both in classes taken at EIU and elsewhere)
- For Fall 2013: Must have a 3.04 cumulative GPA, in exception to seniors (90+ completed hours) who must have a 3.38 cumulative GPA, juniors (61-89 completed hours) must have a 3.16 cumulative GPA.
- No second semester graduating seniors, unless they have accepted an offer to pursue graduate work at EIU, are eligible for membership.
Membership in Psi Chi is open to qualified candidates of any age, sex, sexual orientation, race, handicap or disability, color, religion, and national and ethnic origin.
- Complete all pages of the application form when provided on this page. (You must have the Faculty Signatures Page completed with at least 15 signatures.)
- Access your transcript through PAWS, print it, and attach it to the application. (
Highlight all of your psychology classes.)
- Prepare a 1-page application essay and have a faculty member sign it
- The purpose of this essay is for you to tell the members of Psi Chi about yourself, your interests and goals in psychology, activities in which you are involved, and how your membership will benefit the organization.
- You must have a faculty member sign your essay in order for the faculty to better know your professional interests
- Excerpts from this essay will be used to introduce you at the formal Induction Ceremony, so please be specific concerning your goals in Psychology
- Include a check, made payable to Psi Chi, for $55.
- There is a one-time $45.00 registration fee for the National Registration
- Local Psi Chi chapter dues are $10.00 each semester
Psi Chi Inductions have not been scheduled for Fall2014 yet.
Applicants who are accepted will be notified by e-mail at least one week prior to the formal Induction Ceremony.
Please plan to dress “business-casual” as this is a special occasion.