Membership in Psi Chi is open to those who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests and who are students or faculty members at Eastern Illinois University. Both undergraduate and graduate students who have registered for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature may be eligible for membership if other requirements are fulfilled.
Qualifications (Fall 2014 - Spring 2015)
1) Must have completed 3 semesters of college courses
2) Have completed at least 9 semester hours of Psychology
3) Have established a GPA at Eastern—transfer students need to have completed at least one semester at EIU
4) Must be a Psychology major or minor
5) Have at least a 3.35 GPA in Psychology (both in classes taken at EIU and elsewhere)
6) Must have a 3.00 cumulative GPA, in exception to seniors (90+ completed hours) who must have a 3.26 cumulative GPA, juniors (61‐89 completed hours) must have a 3.01 cumulative GPA
7) You will be taking classes at EIU in the fall 2015 semester.
Membership in Psi Chi is open to qualified candidates of any age, sex, sexual orientation, race, handicap or disability, color, religion, and national and ethnic origin.
- Complete all pages of the application form when provided on this page. (You must have the Faculty Signatures Page completed with at least 15 signatures.)
- Access your transcript through PAWS, print it, and attach it to the application. (
Highlight all of your psychology classes.)
- Prepare a 1-page application essay and have a faculty member sign it
- The purpose of this essay is for you to tell the members of Psi Chi about yourself, your interests and goals in psychology, activities in which you are involved, and how your membership will benefit the organization.
- You must have a faculty member sign your essay in order for the faculty to better know your professional interests
- Excerpts from this essay will be used to introduce you at the formal Induction Ceremony, so please be specific concerning your goals in Psychology
- Include a check, made payable to Psi Chi, for $65.
- There is a one-time $55.00 registration fee for the National Registration
- Local Psi Chi chapter dues are $10.00 each semester
Psi Chi Inductions are planned for Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 6:00 PM in room #2120, Physical Sciences Bldg..
Applicants who are accepted will be notified by e-mail at least one week prior to the formal Induction Ceremony.
Please plan to dress “business-casual” as this is a special occasion.