Dr Effiezal Aswadi Abdul Wahab
MBA and MBA (IB)
Graduate School of Business, USM
By appointment only.
I will respond to emails.
Salam and dear All,
Welcome to AGW 723/3 (Seminar in Financial Decision Making) for the DBA programme. This seminar consists of 6 meetings and will be facilitated by Professor Datin Ruhani Ali and myself, Dr Effiezal Aswadi Abdul Wahab.
Course Outline==> Download here
Meeting 1 (9th January 2011)
Meeting 2 (23rd January 2011)
Facilitator: Effiezal Aswadi Abdul Wahab, PhD
Session 1 : Does Corporate Governance Matter?
1. Bebchuk, L. A., & Weisbach, M. S. (2010). The State of Corporate Governance Research. Review of Financial Studies, 23(3), 939-961.
2. Bebchuk, L., Cohen, A., & Ferrell, A. (2009). What Matters in Corporate Governance? Review of Financial Studies, 22(2), 783-827.
3. Abdul Wahab , E. A., How, J., & Verhoeven, P. (2007). The Impact of the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance: Compliance, Institutional Investors and Stock Performance. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, 3(2), 106-129.
4. Gompers, P. A., Ishii, J. L., & Metrick, A. (2003). Corporate Governance and Equity Prices. Quaterly Journal of Economics, 118(1), 107-155.
Session 2: Directors Network and Remuneration.
1. Abdul Wahab , E. A., & Abdul Rahman, R. (2009). Institutional Investors and Directors’ Remuneration: Do Political Connections Matter? In K. J. Mark Hirschey, Anil K. Makhija (Ed.), Advances in Financial Economics (Vol. 13, pp. 139-169).
2. Sapp, S. G. (2008). The Impact of Corporate Governance on Executive Compensation. European Financial Management, 14(4), 710-746.
3. Barnea, A., & Guedj, I. (2009). Director Networks. SSRN eLibrary.
4. Dey, A., & Liu, X. (2010). Social Connections, Stock-Based Compensation and Director Oversight. SSRN eLibrary.