QUEST Homework Service (Free)Instructor FAQ
- Obtain a UT EID from http://www.utexas.edu/eid.
If your email address changes, you need to return to this URL and correct it.
NEVER obtain a second EID.
- Log into http://quest.cns.utexas.edu/instructor/
You will be sent to the EID system for your EID and password, then redirected back. If the redirection doesn't work, type in the URL again: http://quest.cns.utexas.edu/instructor
- Click the arrow beside "Get Started"
- Fill out the profile:
- If you teach only at ONE institution, do not fill out anything for SECONDARY INSTITUTION.
- If you teach more than one subject, choose ONE department as a default. You can change this as necessary when you create assignment.
- Get Authorized! Please email a scanned copy of the following to email@example.com:
1) a recent paystub from your educational institution (can black out sensitive information like SSN or salary)
2) a photo ID (faculty ID or driver's licence)
Information can also be faxed to: (512) 232-1060
Please allow 2-3 business days for your request to be processed.
Chapter 8: Online Assessments and Hearing Students Think About Science
Guidelines for best practice
- Make sure there is a wealth of content to draw upon in the package.
- Make sure the problem sets are randomized.
- Make sure that the feedback provided by the system is meaningful to your
students and serves to shape student thinking.
- Make sure the system has flexibility so that it can be adapted for the students’,
classroom’s, and teacher’s needs.
- At the beginning, use the technology during class sessions at the school’s
computer lab, assigning two or three students to a computer.
- Assign online assessments as class work rather than homework, given the
digital divide seen in many of our more economically diverse or disadvantaged
- Model how to approach the questions and their answers several times before
students attempt this work on their own.
- Be willing to “stick with it” and ask for support when needed.
More Examples of Best Practice