In this 45 minute session explore the power of Gmail's Call Phone and Google Voice to connect with parents and the community. Google Voice provides each Google account with a free telephone number that rings in Gmail. Come to this Hangout to learn how admin and teachers can use this to stay connected with the public.
- Suggested audience: Admin, Teachers, Tech coordinators any school personnel
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginner
- Time: April 16, 5pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #voice
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Michael J. Graham
Instructional Technologist and Author, Harrisburg Middle School
- Add Michael on Google+
- Follow Michael on Twitter: @mjgraham0
- Website: www.21learning.net
Michael J. Graham is a Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer and the instructional technologist of Harrisburg Middle School in Harrisburg, Arkansas. In this role he manages and develops technology related professional development that improves instruction for teachers at his school and around the nation. He has a special talent for making teachers feel comfortable and confident when implementing 21st Century skills into their teaching. Michael also serves as a board member of the Arkansas Association Middle Level Education, Arkansas iTunes U, and Hot Springs Institute of Technology.
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Michael's Google+ Page at the appointed time and date (note times are Eastern).
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Michael's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask the presenter questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.