Participants will understand what Google Apps Script is, and what it is capable of. They will know how to find and interpret documentation, and where to access tutorials other learning materials. They will create 2-3 short yet useful applications, that demonstrate how this simple tool can extend Google Apps in ways that the previously may have not thought possible. (45 minutes)
- Suggested audience: Anyone
- Prior experience or knowledge: Advanced Google Drive users, but no programming experience required
- Time: April 10, 2pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #appsscript4beginners
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Director of Instructional Technology, Forest Park School District, IL
I spent 8 years teaching high school mathematics. During that time I developed a passion for utilizing technology to improve instruction in the classroom. After earning a master's degree in instructional technology, I worked as an instructional technology specialist at both the K-8 and high school level. I currently serve as the Director of Instructional Technology for Forest Park School District in IL. I am also a Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer.
- Add James on Google+
- Follow James on Twitter: @jameseichmiller
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit James's Google+ Page at the appointed time and date (note times are Eastern).
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open James's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask the presenter questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.